Organizations who are in the process of working to deliver business value more quickly through the implementation of Agile / Scrum practices may soon find that the development team will out-pace traditional market research and product planning practices.
While traditional market research can work it is expensive and time consuming. If we could lower the cost of market research and product planning while still delivering valuable and accurate results, organizations would have a better shot at delivering the best value to customers as fast as possible. This is the true promise of Agile.
Luke Hohmann's Innovation Games® can be used to deliver cost-effective market research for Agile teams and super-charge the product planning process. Innovation Game® are serious games that power innovation by enabling you to better understand your customers.
Agile teams who employ Innovation Games® find some of the dull and repetitive practices of Agile comes alive in a fun and engaging way. Scenarios might include:
- Using Product Box to identify customer requirements.
- Using Speed Boat to improve retrospectives.
- Using Buy A Future to prioritize the product backlog.
- Planning a project using Remember the Future.
- Clarify the release plan with Prune the Product Tree.
- Understanding how your product is used through Me and My Shadow and Start Your Day.
Each student will receive a copy of Luke's book Innovation Games: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play
- Overview of Innovation Games®
- Customer Collaboration
- Continuous Planning
- Portfolio Prioritization
- Product Backlog Prioritization
- Strategic Planning
- Release Planning
- Agile Retrospectives
All members of an Agile team are invited to join us with a focus on product planning and management.
Standard - 1 day.
Extended - 2 day with more games played by participants.
The course is available for on-site delivery and will be offered as a public course.